Chess Tactics for Students
Chess Tactics for Students is a one-of-a-kind instructional workbook designed to help beginners acquire the skills of strong-intermediate players. This workbook introduces thirteen basic chess tactics in a variety of frequently encountered positional patterns. With hints to guide them, students solve tactical problems and use algebraic notation to record their moves on large easy-to-correct worksheets.
Chess Tactics for Students is based on sound, educational principles and was field-tested extensively before publication during a four-year-period with elementary, middle-school and high-school students. Twenty years after its first publication, Chess Tactics for Students has risen to the top of chess coaches' and parents' recommendation lists. This new edition is ideal for both classroom instruction and chess clubs.
- 252 pages of worksheets.
- 434 carefully selected problems.
- Instruction sequenced in order of increasing difficulty.
- Chapters arranged in order of most frequently encountered tactics.
- Worksheet format allows independent study or group instruction.
- Answer key designed for easy use by teachers and students.
|Publication Date||Nov 30, 2016|
|Notation Type||AN - Algebraic|
|Book Binding Type||Paperback|