ALEXANDRA KOSTENIUK - How I Became the 12th World Champion
Running time: 3 Hours
PART 1: World Championship Video
This DVD contains original and exclusive video from the 2008 Women's World Chess Championship in Nakchik, Russia, with newly crowned World Champion Alexandra Kosteniuk commenting throughout.
PART 2: 12 Deeply Commented Games
Listen to Chess Grandmaster Alexandra Kosteniuk as she comments in great detail on every single game she played on her way to becoming the 12th Women's World Champion (Over 2.5 hours).
Round 1: Kosteniuk vs. Pourkashyian 2 - 0 (10 + 11 minutes)
Round 2: Kosteniuk - T. Kosintseva 1.5 - 0.5 (19 + 10 minutes)
Round 3: Kosteniuk - Ushenina 1.5 - 0.5 (13 + 8 minutes)
Semi-Final: Kosteniuk - Cramling 1.5 - 0.5 (11 + 14 minutes)
Finals: Kosteniuk - Hou 2.5 - 1.5 (11 + 13 + 17 + 21 minutes)
* Slideshow of the best portraits of Nalchik Participants
* How Alexandra kept her Chess960 World Champion title (24 minutes)
* How Alexandra won Gold at the Mind Sports Games (10 minutes)
For each game, Alexandra tells you about her good and bad moves, as well as:
* How she prepared against each opponent before the tournament, how she picked opening lines.
* How deep she knew the openings while playing, where her home preparations ended.
* Her match and game strategy, deciding when to attack and when to wait, when to regroup.
* How to evaluate the position objectively and find the best place for each piece.
The final 4-game match between Alexandra Kosteniuk and Hou Yifan of China was probably the most exciting the world has ever seen in the complexity of the level of the games. The Women's World Championship was followed live on the Internet by millions of fans. Now you too can watch every single game played by Alexandra, with her informational and entertaining comments, giving you insight into the thoughts of a World Champion.
Item Returns - Computer Software and DVDs
Computer Software and DVDs can only be returned or exchanged if the product is in its original, shrinkwrapped packaging and has not been installed or used in any way. Once you open the packaging of a Computer Software or DVD title, it can only be exchanged for the same title if the original media is defective. There are NO exceptions to this rule.
If you wish to return a Computer Software or DVD title that is eligible for return (as defined above), please refer to the Item Returns - All Other Items on our Return Policy page.
|Popular Collections||Kosteniuk DVD Collection|
|Region Lock||None - Playable Anywhere|
|Hardware Requirements||Standard DVD Player|